A Heartfelt Evening - May 29, 2013



I was honoured to be invited to DJ a benefit for the John Gordon Home - an AIDS hospice in London Ontario Canada. At the request of the Executive Director Bruce Rankin, I programmed an evening of music where all songs had the word "heart" in the title and/or the lyrics. I filled 3 hours with the playlist below, but I had enough music for 5 hours. Now I cannot take full credit for the song selection...Bruce made some great suggestions included below.

Raised By Swans - We Were Never Young
Sinéad O'Connor - You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart
The Grapes Of Wrath - Breaks My Heart
Starsailor - Restless Heart
To Hell With Burgundy - Heart
Nouvelle Vague - Heaven
Ian Brown - Home Is Where The Heart Is
Portishead - Glory Box
Radiohead - Lotus Flower
Crystal Castles (feat. Robert Smith) - Not In Love
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
Sade - Soldier Of Love
Alpha Yaya Diallo - The Climate Is the Heart
The English Beat - I Confess
Grace Jones - Ring Of Fire
Marianne Faithfull - Sweetheart
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Buffalo Soldier
Camera Obscura - Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken
The Proclaimers - Make My Heart Fly
B I E D E R B E C K - Hearts Home
Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
Blue Rodeo - Heart Like Mine
Johnny Cash - Sea Of Heartbreak
Olenka And The Autumn Lovers - Louise Of Littleville
Crash Vegas - I Gave You My Heart
Morrissey - Irish Blood, English Heart
Four Tops - Bernadette
The Style Council - A Solid Bond In Your Heart
Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing A Song
Mary J. Blige - Be Happy
Soft Cell - Where The Heart Is
Imelda May - Tainted Love
Tim Booth & Angelo Badalamenti - Heart
Manic Street Preachers - You Stole The Sun From My Heart
The Psychedelic Furs - Heartbreak Beat
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
New Order - Regret
The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
Spoons - Nova Heart
Jeff Beck & Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul
Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Metric - Help I'm Alive